Today I made crackers. To be honest, I make crackers fairly regularly. Normally I use a recipe from Girl Gone Primal that I found on Mark’s Daily Apple. Today, however, I tried something new. An experiment if you will.
Here’s what I used
- 1/2 cup of raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of coconut flower
- 1 cup of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon (or so) of Coconut Aminos
- 3/8 cup of water (you might have to adjust this)
Here’s what I did
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a food processor, process the sunflower seeds until they are flour-like.
- Add the coconut flour to the food processor. Process for about 30 seconds.
- Add the sesame seeds. Process for about 30 seconds
- Slowly add the water and coconut aminos while the food processor is mixing the dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread coconut oil over the parchment paper.
- Now comes the customization! Roll the dough to the desired thickness. I made a cracker that was slightly thinner than a saltine. Also, I covered the dough in parchment paper before I rolled it.
- Score the dough. Make shapes or be like me and make boring rectangles.
- Bake! I set the timer for 17 minutes and found that worked perfectly. The cooking time, however, will vary based on the thickness of the cracker. Check them. Pull them once they begin to brown.